Telephone: +49 / 40 / 41 902 - 206
Fax: +49 / 40 / 41 902 - 6180
We are a family-support facility offering parents an active, trustworthy partnership.
We help parents with their care and child-raising tasks to ensure an optimum balance between children, family and studies/career.
The KinderCampus is mindful of every child, and respects his/her own personality with its individual characteristics and skills. It is a place where children from many different countries and cultures live and learn together, enriching our everyday work with a wealth of diversity.
Our male and female educational specialists assist the children as they actively develop and independently explore their environment. The stimulating surroundings, as well as our lovely outdoor area with all kinds of play equipment, enable a wide range of experiences encouraging self-education and boosting every child’s confidence.
These holistic learning processes need time, space, and solid, trustworthy ties/relationships with a parental figure.
… is located right on the University of Hamburg grounds opposite the
… has an attractive outdoor area.
… are 38 in total, aged 1-6 years
… are spread over a 14-place crèche group and a 24-place mixed-age group.
… regularly undergoes advanced training according to the latest findings in teaching and developmental psychology.
... and consists of
- the day-care centre management.
- 2 educational specialists per group.
- an early-morning staff member and relief staff member.
- external specialists for early music education.
- a kitchenhand.
The focuses of our educational work
… are geared around the Hamburg educational recommendations for child day-care centres
and take into account the following aspects of education:
- The body, exercise and health.
- Social and cultural environment.
- Communication: Language, written culture and media.
- Children develop their visions through illustrations, and see themselves as creators of their own world.
- Basic mathematical knowledge.
- Basic scientific and technical knowledge.
… relate to artistic creativity, and include the following:
- Developing creativity.
- Encouraging tactile perception.
- Holistic sensory perception.
- Strengthening expectations of self-efficacy.
- Developing social skills when dealing with oneself and others.
- Classifying different colours and shapes as the basis for acquiring mathematical skills.
- Creative techniques.
… are geared around the children’s interests and needs.
… Early music education and project-based pre-school work.
… Forest excursions.
… Children in crèches and other pre-school-age children spend time playing outside every day, regardless of weather.
… Project-oriented work on the topics of nature and the environment.
… supplied by an external caterer specialised in day-care centres, and which provides regional, partly organic food.
… based on the principles of the Deutsche Gesellschaft für Ernährung e.V. (German Society of Nutrition).
Take the U1 to Stephansplatz or the S Bahn to Dammtor. Schlüterstraße 7 is located directly opposite the State Library.
Enrolment and counselling
… is available every 1st Thursday of the month at 3 p.m. and by appointment.
We look forward to welcoming your child!
Day care centre management
Telephone: +49 / 40 / 419 02 - 206
Mon - Fri 7.30 am - 4.00 pm
From 4 p.m. we offer a late service in the rooms of our kita, which can be booked separately if required.