The Hamburg Studierendenwerk is an inter-university service provider for Hamburg students and universities. Its official, legal task (law on the Hamburg Studierendenwerk, Studierendenwerk Act (StWG) dated 23/6/2005) is to offer counselling and other social and financial services, thereby adding a social dimension to research and teaching as a key component of successful university policy.
Our quality policy
Our services promote equal opportunities for students.
· We allow for their budget by incorporating social aspects into pricing.
· We advise students on social, personal and financial issues.
· We support students if their funds are not sufficient.
A high level of customer satisfaction is important to us.
· We gear our work around our customers’ expectations and needs.
· We constantly increase customer satisfaction.
We improve the quality of our products, processes and services.
· We stand for contemporary products and services with a reliable quality.
· We respond flexibly to changing requirements, further develop tried-and-tested products, services and processes, and act with foresight.
We work responsibly and in a financially successful manner.
· We use business instruments to optimise our work.
· We remember to protect the environment and resources when creating our processes and making investment decisions.
We use a quality management system we can continuously develop.
· We focus on the process-oriented ISO 9001 model.
· We ensure process and quality goals are achieved, and internal and external standards are observed and upheld.
All employees have a crucial bearing on the quality of our work.
· We support the skills, dedication and involvement of all employees.
· We make responsibilities and decisions transparent, and ensure all employees receive the necessary information.
· All employees pursue a common goal:
Quality is our most important product!
Preventing waste by introducing reusable systems for crockery and packaging
·Waste separation and recycling
·Installing water-efficient fittings and energy-efficient lights at student residences
·Using recyclable paper
·Using Transfair coffee
Studierendenwerk recognised in accordance with the EU bio directive
The Hamburg Studierendenwerk has been verified and recognised in accordance with the EU bio directive.
Our philosophy is to set trends and promote innovations for the future, and our goal is to combine profitability with environmental friendliness. The “Prüfverein Verarbeitung ökologischer Landbauprodukte e. V.” awarded us the EU bio directive seal to sell our organic menus.
Alternative eating on campus
Our aim is to act as pioneers, including when it comes to using alternative products in the students’ food.
The following examples provide an insight into the quantities of goods used at our cafeterias and cafés/bistros:
·approx. 12,900 kg of TRANSFAIR coffee
·approx. 13,800 pots of TRANSFAIR tea
THE STUDIERENDENWERK HAMBURG WILL BE CLOSED FOR VISITORS FROM MARCH 16TH UNTIL FURTHER NOTICE. PLEASE CONTACT US BY PHONE OR E-MAIL.
Telephone: +49 / 40 / 41 902 - 0
Fax: +49 / 40 / 41 902 - 6100
Mon - Thu 9.00 am - 4.00 pm
Fri 9.00 am - 1.00 pm